Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hi Friends,

So, the past year has brought many surprises, and those who know me well, know that I consider surprises to be over-rated.  To me, surprises are best reserved for 4-year olds, because often surprises are not good things, but instead new challenges to overcome!  For an optimist, this is a strange position and I thought about that on this last morning of 2010.

I may need to change my position on surprises.

This year has brought a huge number of wondrous surprises!  We created and launched this website, made friends with caregivers and veterans across the country, we learned so much that our heads are full, but that’s nothing compared to how full my heart feels today.  Please know that your stories, your daily challenges, your strength, and even your exhausted moments bring out the best in all of us.  For, isn’t it easier to help someone else sometimes?  I have watched while many of you carry heavy loads of your own (which I learned directly from you) turn around 15 minutes later and post a message completely inspiring to another caregiver.

Friends, we never, ever know when a post response, a cyber hug, or a phone call will literally save someone.  I’ve counted beyond my fingers the number of miracles I’ve witnessed this year.  You are simply remarkable people and our team salutes you all. 

May He lift you and guide you in the year ahead.

Happy New Year!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment