Sunday, March 6, 2011

How true is this?

The following lyrics are to a current popular song. It played over and over in my head last night. Unfortunately in my mind it was playing because I truly felt that his song could be directly  used not as a song from a  man to a woman but by how our Vets felt/still fell about the United States and how they are treated by the VA once they are done sucking the life out of them. Please excuse some language but I copied the lyrics directly.

Easy come Easy go
That's just how you live oh
Take take take it all
But you never give,
Should of known you were trouble
From the first kiss had your eyes wide open, ( When they enlisted)
Why were they open?
Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash,
You tossed it in the trash, you did.

To give me all your love is all I ever asked cause what you don't understand, is id catch a grenade for ya.
Throw my hand on the blade for ya,
Id jump in front of a train for ya.
You know I'd do anything for ya.
See I would go through all this pain take a bullet straight through my brain.
Yes I would die for ya baby, but you won't do the same.  ( Can’t even get the help they need)

Black, black, black and blue beat me till I'm am numb tell the devil I said hey when you get back to where you're from.
Bad women bad women   (substitute policies and red tape here)
That's just what you are yeah
You smile in my face than rip the breaks out my car. (offer help but don’t deliver)
Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash, you tossed it in the trash yes you did. To give me all your fucking love is all I ever asked but what you don't understand is id catch a grenade for ya.

Throw my hand on the blade for ya, Id jump in front of a train for ya. You know I'd do anything for ya. Listen babe I would go through all this pain take a bullet straight through my brain. Yes I would die for ya baby. But you won't do the same. If my body was on fire ooh you would watch me burn down in flames. You said you loved me you're a liar cause you never ever ever did baby...


I saw a group of about a dozen young boys standing outside the recruiters office yesterday and I am ashamed to say that all I wanted to do was beg them to run away and not enlist for this life.
Sad but how true is this?

1 comment:

  1. Hi VetSpouse3, I have been trying to find the right words to answer this blog posting. YES, this sadly IS true. Our vets would offer to go back into battle again with a mighty “Yessir!”, but we cannot make their voices heard, and they need US to do that, but how? From reading your blog postings, you have your hands full, and like the great majority of us, we caregivers just can’t be heard. We are ignored, pushed aside, BLAMED for helping them sometimes, and it can get very dark and ugly at home.

    This song is raw, and I’m glad to say I hadn’t heard it. I also won’t look for it, b/c music often makes me sad. Triggers memories of a far happier time, but you can’t avoid everything. My husband listens to dark music and plays endless violent video games. Its like he just can’t get rid of the demons inside, which is why we need therapy just like they do. How much longer does Washington think we can keep these vets who are depressed, often suicidal, and almost always rough quiet for much longer? Scares me.

    Thanks for writing about this. Our country shouldn’t chew up our families and not provide them help after a job well done. Can you imagine if the VA were held to “following orders” from their CO? Sending you hugs and prayers of understanding.

    ReplyDelete